Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Barlow Bed - Style & Savings All in 1


While I love all the furniture I sell, the Barlow bed is top on my favorites list because it brings a rich “wow” factor if decorated accordingly for a fraction of the cost of other beds. With its rich espresso finish and cushioned backing, it looks like it costs hundreds more than it does. I practice what I preach. Out of all the items featured in my store, I personally own the Barlow bed in King Size which I have pictured. Featured with the London nightstands (which by the way I spent way more on the nightstands than the bed), it looks elegant and modern all at the same time. Sorry, my picture is not a souped up professional picture but you get the picture (hehe). I just keep snapping till I get one I like.

Like I said, my Barlow bed is pictured with the London nightstand but because this bed is a material and not a wood, you will never get an exact match so you can pair it with many of the nightstands in my store. Of personal choice for color and style, the London priced at $149.00, the Claret priced at $140.00, and the Stockton priced at $105.00. It all depends on personal preference, style, and budget.

Reasons I love this bed (No particular order):

1. This bed is definitely uni-sex. If you can’t seem to agree on a bed with your spouse, this bed will go both ways. This is a hot bed that will get 5-star ratings no matter what sex it is for.

2. It does not have a footboard. I have a short room (only about 12 feet) and I like all the space I can get. I would have lost about 6-7 inches if this bed had a footboard which is precious space for me. Also, to all of you that let the dog get in bed, now you are providing an easy access and exit point for them (hehe). On the other hand, if you love the way the bed looks but want the look and feel of a footboard, the bench is available for only $99. It is a perfect match and allows you to have a place to sit or sort and fold your laundry.

3. SAVINGS, SAVINGS, SAVINGS with no SACRIFICE in beauty. You are saving so much because the bed does not have a footboard or wooden side rails as these features cost a lot more in a bed. However, the focus is on the headboard so the bed is still a beautiful piece of furniture that adds height, warmth, and richness to the room. This bed does require a bed skirt to aesthetically look good which is a minimal expense compared to how much you are saving. The frame is metal.

4. Big bonus for those of you that plan to downgrade or updrade with a full or queen size bed. For $180 you can have both. The full/queen Barlow bed is convertible and can be both a full or queen size bed so whenever you are ready, you don’t have to run out and buy a new bed.

5. Lets not forget the cushioned backing. This was one of the reasons I picked it, so I could have less pillows behind me while I work in bed. It is not too firm and not too soft. Also, if you are a rowdy sleeper and tend to hit your hand or head on a typical wooden headboard, this bed is perfect for you. I’m one of those that sticks my hands through cracks and wake up thinking ‘how did I do this.’ It also brings an element of depth and texture which softens the harsh look of the walls.

Other items in picture in case you are interested:

I coordinated my accessories and decorations around the brown but it is so versatile you can go with many colors depending on your style and personal preference. I got the comforter set at Wal-Mart (it’s there one minute and gone the next so keep checking back when they stock their shelves) for only $90.00. That’s the comforter (really hot; it’s just for looks when company comes over), bed skirt, 2 king shams, 2 king pillowcase shams, 3 decorative pillows, and 1 neck roll. Awesome deal and it looks better than you’d think for the price spent. I got the lamps at Garden Ridge for $15.00 each. Candles and stand I got at Hobby Lobby and I am drawing a blank on what I spent. Anyways, you can achieve this look for about $650.00. You can change the price drastically if you get the Stockton nightstand which is much cheaper or if you get the full/queen size Barlow bed.

So, if you are on a budget and do not want to sacrifice making your room look good, the Barlow bed is the way to go. I back my convictions 100% as this is a solid inexpensive bed that will stay in style and save you money. Thanks for reading and I hope you find the bed of your dreams for a price you can afford.

By: Melissa Ward

Furniture Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment